Your Application Journey
All you need to know about the NEW Scholarship selection process and how the NEW Internship puts you ahead of the scholarship application.
Application period: October to March (2 weeks after release of 'A' Level results)
- All interested students may apply for the undergraduate and mid-term scholarship.
- There are 2 routes of applications, i.e. NEW Internship or Open Application.
Assessed through projects and presentation
Candidates are expected to complete 4–8 weeks of internship with PUB or NEA and present their project findings to the agency. Interns who show promise would be recommended for the NEW Scholarship.
Assessed through activity-based assessments
Shortlisted applicants who applied through the open application after the release of the 'A' Level results will beput through activity-based assessments.
- Fresh graduates may apply for the Master's Scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently pursuing/interested to pursue a Master's or PhD at an established university (local or overseas) are invited to apply for the SFA Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Interested applicants can apply for the NEW Internship jointly offered by NEA and PUB.
|Application Period||Internship Period|
|'A' Level, International Baccalaureate, NUS High Students||Sep – Dec||Dec – Mar|
|Polytechnic Students||Late Nov – Mar||Apr – Sep|
- All applicants who are selected for the NEW Internship will be assessed on their suitability for the NEW Scholarship.