A*STAR awards scholarships to bright students with a keen interest and passion for science and research to pursue their undergraduate studies at globally renowned universities.
Nurturing young, talented individuals is a key cornerstone for A*STAR because these bright individuals form the future generation of scientists and scientific leaders. We are committed to providing them with opportunities for education at the finest local and overseas universities, gaining first-hand research experience at A*STAR and universities, and learning from the best scientific minds that are dedicated to mentoring young budding scientists.
For Singaporeans/other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship:
A*STAR Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS)
The A*STAR Undergraduate Scholarship supports talents, with a keen interest in research, for a Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore including the YALE-NUS College, Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems) and Singapore Univeristy of Technology and Design. Undergraduates currently matriculated at these univeristies may also apply for the AUS. Scholars can look forward to research attachments at A*STAR's research institutes, and funding support for an overseas exchange programme.
Applicants in undergraduate Year 2 and above
- Applicants who have achieved excellent academic standing in the GCE 'A' Levels (preferably with 11 AUs), polytechnic diploma (preferably with Merit) or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate or NUS High School diploma)
- Applicants must be Singaporean; those of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore citizenship
- Applicants should have keen interest in science and research
must be Singaporean and should have:
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
- Completed at least 2 terms of studies with graded results
- Obtained a term CAP/GPA and CAP/cumulative GPA of at least 4.50 in the latest academic term/year
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Value & Benefits
Successful applicants will be provided with financial support* for the duration of their undergraduate studies covering:
- Tuition fees
- Hostel Fees
- Monthly allowance
- Research attachment opportunities at A*STAR Research Institutes
- One overseas exchange programme during their undergraduate studies (up to 6 months)
Mid-term AUS awardees will be offered the same terms of support as the direct AUS scholars from the point of the award, without retrospective payment.
Continuation of the AUS is subject to scholars maintaining good academic standing.
*All rates/allowances are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time
- AUS scholars are required to embark on and complete a PhD programme in Science or Engineering disciplines after the completion of their undergraduate studies. AUS scholars may apply to the National Science Scholarship , A*STAR Graduate Scholarship or other scholarships in their final year of undergraduate studies.
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS) including the Yale-NUS College
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Management University (SMU) (School of Information Systems)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Sciences & Engineering
Deadline: 31 Mar 2018, Sat