AUS supports bright individuals with a keen interest in research for a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering at the National University of Singapore including the Yale-NUS College, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore University of Technology and Design and Singapore Management University (School of Information Systems). Upon graduation, scholars have the flexibility to pursue their PhD studies locally or abroad on A*STAR or other scholarships. Scholars can look forward to research attachments at A*STAR's Research Institutes with state-of-the-art facilities and be part of A*STAR's community of diverse and renowned scientists and researchers.
- For applicants with ‘A’ Levels/ IB/ NUSHS Diploma/ Poly Diploma:
- Excellent GCE ‘A’ Level (minimum 11 units)
- International Baccalaureate (at least 39 points)
- NUS High School diploma (at least 3.60 CAP and merit) for Science and Mathematics subjects
- A Diploma with merit
- For applicants in undergraduate Year 2-4:
- Top undergraduates in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering or Computing at NUS or NTU
- Candidates must be on track to attain at least a good 2nd Class Upper Honours or equivalent
- Open to Singaporeans
- Demonstrated passion for science and research
Although A*STAR does not mandate a minimum SAT score as a qualifying condition for the undergraduate scholarships awarded for studies, applicants are encouraged to submit their SAT scores, if available, to be included in the overall assessment of their applications.
Successful candidates will be supported for the duration of their undergraduate studies. Award includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Hostel fees
- Local sustenance allowance
- Research attachment opportunities at A*STAR Research Institutes
- Support for one overseas exchange programme (up to 6 months) during the undergraduate studies
Annual renewal of the AUS is subject to scholars maintaining good academic standing.
*All rates/allowances are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time
Continuing with PhD studies
AUS scholars are required to embark on a PhD programme in Science or Engineering disciplines within eighteen months of completion of their undergraduate studies. AUS scholars may apply for A*STAR PhD scholarships or other scholarships in their final year of undergraduate studies
(i) Entry point with ‘A’ Levels/ IB/ NUSHS Diploma/ Polytechnic Diploma:
Application deadline is extended to 31 March 2014. Applications received after 31 March 2014 will be processed for the next Scholarship Cycle.
(ii) Applicants in undergraduate Year 2-4:
Applications are open throughout the year, please apply through your university.