1. What does OCBC look for in a Scholar?
We look for individuals with outstanding academic and co-curricular activities, equally important to us, we are looking for individuals share the same values and philosophy of the OCBC Scholarship – which is to pay-it-forward to the community.
2. Do I need to answer all the qualitative questions?
The qualitative questions help us get to know you better – we strongly encourage you to keep your write-ups succinct and to the point; at the same time showcase what the OCBC Scholarship means to you, and why it is important for you. Share with us your passions, dreams, and future. We love to hear from you!
3. What documents do I need to submit?
Please submit the transcripts for your GCE 'O' Levels, GCE 'A' Levels or Polytechnic Diploma qualifications If you have any other additional supporting documents, such as testimonials, award certificates, which you feel would help you with your application, please submit them as well.
4. What opportunities would I have as an OCBC Scholar?
As an OCBC Scholar, you are encouraged to create your own journey – Connect, Grow and Discover with us!
5. How will my applications be accepted?
All applications will only be accepted through the Brightsparks portal.
6. How would I know if I am shortlisted for the interview?
The OCBC Scholarship Secretariat will contact you for a Panel Interview either through email or a call. The interview period will be from April to May 2020.
7. How would I know if I am successful after the interview?
The OCBC Scholarship Secretariat will update all applicants by July 2020.
1. Who is eligible for the scholarship?
You can apply if you are a citizen of Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong and Indonesia who are applying for overseas education in the selected schools OR are already studying overseas in the selected schools.
2. I am not a student in the list of universities. Can I apply?
No. You must be studying in the universities to be eligible for the universities.
3. Can I apply if I am a Singapore PR?
Yes you can as long as your nationality is from Malaysia, China, Hong Kong and Indonesia.
4. What are the Applicable Courses?
You can be pursuing any academic disciplines in the selected list of reputable universities in SG, HK and CHN.
5. Which schools are available for application?
National University of Singapore
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore Management University
Singapore University of Social Sciences
Singapore University of Technology and Design
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
The University of Hong Kong
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
6. Is the scholarship bonded?
Yes, you will be bonded to the OCBC office in your country of nationality - one year for every year of overseas sponsorship out of your country of nationality, capped at 4 years.
7. What is the minimum criteria to be sustained?
Student is to maintain Top Academic Achievements in the respective standards defined by the countries.
8. What if I cannot complete the programme, what is the impact?
Yes, you will need to repay all sponsorships borne by OCBC Group.
9. Can I apply if I am already holding on to a scholarship?
No. You can only apply if you are not a holder of any existing scholarships.
10. How do I apply?
You can apply through the Brightsparks portal by 31st March 2020. Click here to apply.
11. For more questions, who can I contact?
You may reach out to the person in charge in OCBC, [email protected]