The Healthcare Merit Scholarship is the top-tier healthcare scholarship, offered under the Ministry of Health. Highly competitive and sought-after, the HMS is awarded to outstanding individuals who are passionate about Singapore’s public healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities and community spirit.
Whichever health science discipline you choose, you will find a rewarding and exciting career that illuminates your life and those you care for. HMS scholars will be given opportunities to be developed for key leadership appointments within the public healthcare sector.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
We look for outstanding and dynamic individuals who are passionate about Singapore’s Public Healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities and community spirit. Applicants must:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who will take up citizenship before embarking on studies
- Have a passion for public healthcare sector
- Have strong Co-Curricular Activities record
- Have strong leadership qualities and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Achieve outstanding GCE ‘A’ level results (with at least 10 academic units offered), polytechnic diploma with merit or equivalent qualifications such as International Baccalaureate (IB) or High School diploma
If you are an undergraduate currently pursuing a health science degree in local polytechnics/universities or overseas universities, you may wish to apply for a Mid-Term Scholarship instead. Click here to find out more.
COURSES OF STUDY
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Medical Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Speech Therapy
HMS scholars will pursue their undergraduate studies in local and reputable overseas universities. The countries of study include Singapore, Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland and United States.
Successful awardees pursuing Pharmacy, Medical Social Work and Nursing would be required to pursue their required course in the Singapore universities as approved by MOHH only.
The application will start from 1 September and closes 10 days after the release of the GCE 'A' Level results.
To apply, please submit your application through the The PSC Gateway
KEEN TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more details, please see the FAQ
For enquiries, please email [email protected]