If you are truly passionate about technology and design and demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character and strong community spirit, you could be recognised and rewarded with distinguished scholarships awarded by SUTD, generous donors and sponsor corporations.
Apart from monetary benefits, a scholarship could provide you with exceptional learning opportunities, choice internship placements and even employment at renowned organizations upon graduation.
These scholarships are available to students enrolled in SUTD on a subsidised-fee paying basis only. Students admitted on a non-subsidised fee or full-fee paying basis are not eligible.
The Scholarship is open to Singapore Citizens* who
- are enrolled in their first year of study in any undergraduate degree programme
- have outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- have a passion for technology and design
BENEFITS OF AWARD
The Scholarship covers
- the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) payable by Singapore Citizens for the normal duration (up to four years) of the respective degree programmes at SUTD. For recipients who subsequently choose to major in the Architecture and Sustainable Design (ASD) pillar, their scholarship will be extended (by an additional year) for the fulfilment of the Master of Architecture degree requirement (subject to terms and conditions).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The recipient is required to achieve and to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 over 5.0 from Term 4 onwards, which is on track to at least an equivalent of a Magna Cum Laude Honours degree. The academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Recipients are required to complete at least 20 hours of service to the university. They may take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- Application for the scholarships is made at the same time as application for admission to SUTD.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please visit sutd.edu.sg/scholarships for the full listing of scholarships.
Note: You do not need to put in a separate application for SUTD-administered scholarships. Simply indicate your interest to be considered for a scholarship in your admission application, and leave the rest to us. We will evaluate your application for admission and scholarship at the same time, and will inform you of the specific scholarship you’ve been awarded along with the admission offer should you be successful.