If you are truly passionate about technology and design and demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character and strong community spirit, you could be recognised and rewarded with distinguished scholarships awarded by SUTD, generous donors and sponsor corporations.
Apart from monetary benefits, a scholarship could provide you with exceptional learning opportunities, choice internship placements and even employment at renowned organizations upon graduation.
These scholarships are available to students enrolled in SUTD on a subsidised-fee paying basis only. Students admitted on a non-subsidised fee or full-fee paying basis are not eligible.
While Far East Organization is committed to being the Developer of Choice for its functional and innovative design in its developments, the Organization also strongly believes in being a committed Developer of People and has generously established scholarships for dynamic SUTD undergraduates who demonstrate creative and entrepreneurial skills.
- Open to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR).
- Has outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Shows exemplary Co-Curricular Activities records.
- Has good leadership qualities and potential.
- Displays creative and entrepreneurial skills.
Benefits of award
The Scholarship covers the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration of the respective courses at SUTD. It also provides fixed annual allowance for the scholars. For scholars who subsequently choose to major in the Architecture and Sustainable Design (ASD) pillar, their scholarship will be extended until the fulfilment of the Master of Architecture degree requirement (subject to terms and conditions).
Terms & Conditions
- Scholars are required to serve 1 year internship commitment with the sponsoring organisation.
- Scholars may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships or grants.
- The Scholarship covers the normal duration of undergraduate studies on condition that:
- the scholar is to maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 over 5.0 which is on track to at least an equivalent of a Second Class (Upper) Honours degree;
- the scholar’s academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Scholars are required to take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholar’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, SUTD reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
- Once students apply for admissions to SUTD, the University will consider students for award of the Scholarship.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please visit sutd.edu.sg/scholarships for the full listing of scholarships.
Note: You do not need to put in a separate application for SUTD-administered scholarships. Simply indicate your interest to be considered for a scholarship in your admission application, and leave the rest to us. We will evaluate your application for admission and scholarship at the same time, and will inform you of the specific scholarship you’ve been awarded along with the admission offer should you be successful.