If you are truly passionate about technology and design and demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character and strong community spirit, you could be recognised and rewarded with distinguished scholarships awarded by SUTD, generous donors and sponsor corporations.
Apart from monetary benefits, a scholarship could provide you with exceptional learning opportunities, choice internship placements and even employment at renowned organizations upon graduation.
These scholarships are available to students enrolled in SUTD on a subsidised-fee paying basis only. Students admitted on a non-subsidised fee or full-fee paying basis are not eligible.
• Open to Singapore Citizens only.
• Has outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
• Must have a passion for technology and design.
Benefits of award
• The Scholarship covers the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration of the respective courses at SUTD. For scholars who subsequently choose to major in the Architecture and Sustainable Design (ASD) pillar, their scholarship will be extended until the fulfilment of the Master of Architecture degree requirement (subject to terms and conditions).
• Scholarship allowances of $7000 per annum.
• No bond is attached to the Scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
• The Scholarship covers the normal duration of undergraduate studies on condition that:
o the scholar is to maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 over 5.0 which is on track to at least an equivalent of a Magna Cum Laude Honours degree;
o the scholar’s academic performance will be reviewed every term.
• The scholar may not, without the prior approval of the University’s Scholarship Review Committee, concurrently hold any other scholarships or grants. However, this does not preclude the scholar from applying for bursaries or other forms of financial aid to assist the scholar with other expenses which would be incurred during his/her undergraduate studies in SUTD provided he/she keeps the University informed of all such successful applications.
• The University does not provide any assistance towards travel or other costs incurred by the scholars.
• Scholars are required to take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
• The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholar’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
• If the Scholarship is revoked by the University’s Scholarship Review Committee or the Scholar terminates the Scholarship prematurely, SUTD shall have the right to require the Scholar to refund the total sum of the Scholarship award which had been paid towards the Scholar’s tuition fees with compound interest.
• Applicants should indicate in their application if they wished to be considered for this scholarship.
• The University will shortlist suitable applicants for interview.
• Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
• SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please visit sutd.edu.sg/scholarships for the full listing of scholarships.
Note: You do not need to put in a separate application for SUTD-administered scholarships. Simply indicate your interest to be considered for a scholarship in your admission application, and leave the rest to us. We will evaluate your application for admission and scholarship at the same time, and will inform you of the specific scholarship you’ve been awarded along with the admission offer should you be successful.