What you can look forward to
At SSG and WSG, we believe in nurturing our talents’ professional development and personal growth. Through this unique joint offering, scholars can look forward to double your exposure as you would have twice as many opportunities to learn, grow, and develop your career in both statutory boards.
As our scholar, you will have the privilege of experiencing internship in both agencies. This will allow you to have a better understanding of our work and experience the engaging cultures in both agencies before you graduate.
As the lead agencies driving the implementation of the SkillsFuture movement and advocating the development, competitiveness and employability of the workforce, SSG and WSG have created a vibrant learning culture to support staff’s development.
We conduct regular conversations with staff to understand their career aspirations and developmental needs, and offer various learning and developmental initiatives to help individuals progress and grow.
Scholars who join us can look forward to:
- Holistic suite of planned learning and development programmes
- Cross-Agency and Cross-Divisional Projects
- Postings and Secondments
- Explore postings not just within one agency, but across two agencies, thereby exposing you to different aspects of work within SSG and WSG, and offering more opportunities through a broader spectrum of work
- Secondment opportunities to Ministry of Education, Ministry of Manpower as well as other Ministries, Statutory Boards, Trade Associations and Chambers that allow you to gain wider exposure, deepen your expertise and grow your career in a wider community
- Mentoring Programme
- Seek advice on career development and growth, as well as receive guidance from experienced senior leaders on how you can better tap on your strengths and potential through our Mentoring Programme, which establishes a formal channel for senior leaders to engage and develop our future leaders
Scholars will be invited to our internal events and town halls so as to stay connected with the latest developments in both agencies.