Hone your leadership capabilities and lead the efforts for social change as a social service leader.
A premier postgraduate scholarship offered by the Lien Foundation in partnership with NCSS, the Lien Scholarship for Social Service Leaders is aimed at nurturing promising talents, developing outstanding leaders and boosting sector capability to better serve the community.
Supported Fields of Study
As a Lien Scholar, you can look forward to pursuing full-time postgraduate courses in the following categories:
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Community Mental Health
- Community Development
- Management and Administration
- Social Policy and Administration
To apply for the Lien Scholarship, you must:
- be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- have an outstanding track record in the social service sector
- possess good academic results (e.g. good Honours degree)
- have a strong commitment to working in the social service sector
- have served at a VWO for a minimum of three years
- obtained strong recommendations from your Executive Director/Chairman/Board President
Candidates without prior background in social services are also welcomed to apply. We would be seeking for candidates who:
- possess work experience in leadership roles
- strong interest in joining the social service sector
- possess strong voluntary track record in social and community services
The scholarship covers your tuition fees, maintenance allowance, salary support, book allowance and any other compulsory fees.
Once you complete your studies, you must serve a bond for the following respective durations at an appointed NCSS member Voluntary Welfare Organisation or other social service agency. The bond duration depends on the nature and value of the scholarship package.
Due to overwhelming response, we are not able to accept any more applications. Thank you.