The Social Service Scholarship is offered to outstanding individuals who are passionate to work with people and has the leadership qualities to drive social change.
As a Social Service Scholar, you’ll be given opportunities to participate in training and developmental programmes and engage regularly with sector leaders. Such initiatives will enable you to hone your professional and leadership skills, leaving you fully equipped to make a great impact as a leader in the social service sector.
Supported Fields of Study
You can pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies from local universities or overseas universities recognised by professional accreditation bodies in the following areas:
- Social Work
- Psychology (only applicable for postgraduate studies)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
For students looking to pursue undergraduate studies in Corporate Functions, with career aspirations in community based settings, you can apply for the Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS)
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a full-term
scholarship, you must:
- be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- possess excellent GCE ‘A’ level, International Baccalaureate (IB), diploma and/or university results
- have applied to a university or gained admission into a recognised Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy or Psychology programme at the point of application
- demonstrate leadership qualities, community involvement and a strong interest in charting a career in the social service sector
There are two application windows each year.
- Applications received by 31 March will be assessed in April/May
- Applications received by 30 September will be assessed in October/November
For more information, please visit www.ncss.gov.sg/scholarships
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.