This scholarship is open to SMA-SP Year 1 students in AY 2019/20.
Disciplines / Course
- Singapore Maritime Officers' Union
(For more information on the sponsor, please go to www.smou.org.sg)
Tenable Universities / Institutions
- Diploma in Marine Engineering (with CoC5)
- Diploma in Nautical Studies (with CoC3)
- Singapore Maritime Academy, Singapore Polytechnic
- No Bond
- Must indicate a commitment to work in the maritime industry in, and/or for the benefit of, Singapore as a Seafarer for 3 years upon graduation.
Value of Awards and Benefits
- Outstanding academic results
- Good leadership skills and character
- Active CCA records demonstrating leadership qualities and community involvement
- Demonstrate interest in maritime business and intention to pursue career in maritime industry
- Total value at S$12K
- Disbursed in stages
Important Dates to Note
- Singapore Citizen
- Good 'N' Level and/or ‘O’ Level results
- Good ITE qualifications
- Excellent CCA records
- Application Period: 1st April 2019 to 31st May 2019
If you or your parent is a member of Singapore Maritime Officers' Union, please submit document of proof of membership. The scholar will also be required to sign up for the SMOU membership at S$117 per annum upon confirmation of scholarship.