The Healthcare Graduate Studies Award (HGSA) is offered by the Ministry of Health to final year undergraduates or recent university graduates who are keen to pursue a Master’s degree in selected health science disciplines.
HGSA is awarded to people-centric and dynamic individuals who are passionate to join the public healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities and community spirit. You will partner a team of dedicated healthcare professionals in providing direct care to patients and contribute to improving the health of Singaporeans through your line of work.
COURSES OF STUDY
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who will take up citizenship before embarking on studies;
- Possess a good university degree (2nd upper honours or equivalent); and
- Have a strong interest in a career in the public healthcare sector
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Economics
- Medical Informatics
- Public Health
- Speech Therapy
HGSA recipients will be bonded between 2 years and 5 years, depending on the duration and type of studies:
Period of Study Local Studies Overseas Studies
Up to 12 months 2 years 3 years
More than 12 months and up to 18 months 3 years 4 years
More than 18 months (capped at 24 months) 4 years 5 years
Scholars will be sponsored for the following during their postgraduate studies, where applicable:
- Tuition fees and compulsory charges
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-Studies Allowance (e.g. Settling In, Warm Clothing, Computer)
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Sponsorship for approved developmental activities, such as Student Exchange Programmes, Professional seminars and conferences during course of study
For enquiries, please email to [email protected]
The main selection & interview cycle periods are held from May - June each year. Please do note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.