SFA Undergraduate Scholarship (February 2019)
|The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) was formed as a statutory board under the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources (MEWR) on 1 April 2019 to oversee food safety and food security from farm-to-fork. The SFA brings together food-related functions carried out by the former Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA), the National Environment Agency and the Health Sciences Authority.
Individuals who are interested in scholarship opportunities in food-related disciplines may submit applications for the SFA scholarship via BrightSparks during the annual application window (Feb - Mar).
Discipline of study
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological Sciences/ Life Sciences
- Food Science/Food Technology
- Other Related Disciplines
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (Singapore Permanent Residents must take up citizenship)
- Strong academic and co-curricular activities records
- Applicants for mid-term scholarship should also have excellent university results
Country of study
- Local universities
- Overseas universities
Value of award
- Tuition fees and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-studies allowance (warm clothing, settling-in and computer)
- Return economy class airfare
- Local: 4 years upon completion of studies
- Overseas: 6 years upon completion of studies
Note: All non-food plant and animal-related functions of former AVA were transferred to the National Parks Board (NParks) under the Ministry of National Development. Applicants interested in scholarship opportunities in animal and plant related disciplines (E.g. Veterinary Science) may refer to the NParks website and submit applications to NParks during the application cycle.
Deadline: 12 Mar 2019, Tue