Explore the region, fully supported.
OCBC Regional Scholarship
The OCBC Regional Scholarship supports the scholar's overseas study outside of his/her country of citizenship in Singapore, China, Hong Kong or Taiwan. Upon graduation, the scholar will be bonded to OCBC for the same duration as the number of years of scholarship awarded.
Who should apply
- Students with Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia or Hong Kong citizenship who are currently studying or enrolled in an undergraduate degree or students with China citizenship who are currently studying or enrolled in a postgraduate degree.
- Students must be studying or enrolled in a university outside their country of citizenship and within the below list of universities.
- Students who are applying to study in these universities this year but are still pending their offers are also welcome to apply. Offers from universities must be confirmed at the point of receiving the scholarship.
- Students should also
- have outstanding academic results and co-curricular records,
- not be a holder of any scholarship by other organisations,
- have a strong interest in pursuing a career with OCBC.
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Zhejiang University
- Nanjing University
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
What it offers
- National Taiwan University
- National Tsing Hua University
- Full Tuition Fees
- Hostel Subsidies
- Annual Airfares
- Internship opportunities with OCBC offices in the region
- Overseas Exchange Programme
- Enrolment to local Graduate Talent programs*
- (*Maintained Top Academic Standards within the scholar's course of studies)
Scholar(s) will be bonded to OCBC in their country of citizenship for the same duration as the number of years of scholarship awarded.
(For students of all citizenship listed above)
(For Hong Kong students only)
||1 Mar - 20 Apr
||28 June - 30 Sep
|Shortlisting and online assessment
||By Mid May
||By Mid Oct
|Local Panel Interview
|Regional Panel Interview
||End May - End June
||End Oct - End Nov
|Notification of outcome
Deadline: 20 April 2021, Tues