ABOUT THE HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION SCHOLARSHIP (HAS)
Singapore’s healthcare industry is constantly evolving to meet the challenges of a changing landscape that includes a fast growing and ageing population. To meet the demand in these areas, we seek to grow a strong core of Healthcare Administrators to formulate, implement and deliver effective healthcare policies and quality services to patients. By joining Singapore’s public healthcare sector, you can help us to ensure that Singaporeans live long, live well and with peace of mind.
The Singapore Industry Scholarship (SgIS) is a government-private sector initiative. We offer the Scholarship to outstanding GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma students and current undergraduates with excellent results, who wish to pursue a meaningful and challenging career on the Healthcare Administration track in public healthcare sector.
As a SgIS (HAS) scholar, you can choose to study in most degree disciplines except Medicine, Dentistry and other healthcare-related disciplines. We offer you a wide array of exciting career growth and progression opportunities within the public healthcare sector.
As a Healthcare Administration scholar, you will have the opportunity to work at the MOH Holdings, Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) or in one of the 3 healthcare clusters, National University Health System (NUHS), National Healthcare Group (NHG) and Singapore Health Services (SHS). Upon graduation, you will embark on exciting careers taking on the following roles:
- Shape policy and direction
- Be responsible for planning and performance management
- Ensure a consistently high level of service and care
- Manage and continuously improve services in and across care settings
- Manage facilities and equipment to a safe and pleasant environment
- Develop new services to meet the needs of patients
- Ensure that services are financially viable
- Provide administrative support for clinical department
You will have opportunities to be rotated across different departments to broaden your exposure and deepen your career experience in the wide spectrum of hospital administration.
Outstanding scholars will also be developed for top leadership positions within the clusters.
Apply for the HAS now and embark on a journey towards a rewarding and fulflling career as a Healthcare Administrator!
WHO WE LOOK FOR
We look for outstanding, highly driven and dynamic individuals who are passionate about Singapore’s Public Healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities as well as excellent communication and people skills. Applicants must:
COURSES OF STUDY
- Be a Singapore citizen
- Good GCE ‘A’ Level results (offered at least 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma or Polytechnic Diploma
- Current undergraduates should have outstanding academic results, expecting to graduate with at least 2nd Upper Honours or equivalent
- Possess good Co-curricular Activities (CCA) record and leadership achievements
- Have a keen passion to contribute to Singapore’s public healthcare sector
All disciplines (for example, Business, Accountancy, Economics, etc) except for MEDICINE, DENTISTRY AND OTHER HEALTHCARE RELATED DISCIPLINES
such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Speech Therapy, are not offered under the scholarship.
APPLICATION & INTERVIEWS
The application cycle will start from 1 Jan to Mar each year for full term HAS and mid-term HAS.
Interviews will be conducted from Apr – Jun each year.
KEEN TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more details, please see the FAQ
For enquiries, please email [email protected]