In a world that seems indifferent, you can stand out by making a difference. As a healthcare scholar, you will play a vital role in Singapore’s future by ensuring the health and well-being of our nation’s most important asset: our people. Discover the opportunities and potential of a healthcare scholarship and prepare to make your mark where it really matters.
Healthcare Graduate Studies Award (HGSA) (until August 30, 2017)
The Healthcare Graduate Studies Award (HGSA) is offered by the Ministry of Health to final year undergraduates or recent university graduates who are keen to pursue a Master’s degree in selected health science disciplines.
HGSA is awarded to people-centric and dynamic individuals who are passionate to join the public healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities and community spirit. You will partner a team of dedicated healthcare professionals in providing direct care to patients and contribute to improving the health of Singaporeans through your line of work.
COURSES OF STUDY
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who will take up citizenship before embarking on studies;
- Possess a good university degree (2nd upper honours or equivalent); or track record of work achievements and;
- Have a strong interest in a career in the public healthcare sector
- Business Analytics
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Economics
- Medical Informatics
- Public Health
- Speech Therapy
HGSA recipients will be bonded between 2 years and 4 years, depending on the duration and type of studies:
Period of Study Local Studies Overseas Studies
Up to 12 months 2 years 3 years
More than 12 months (capped at 24 months)
3 years 4 years
Scholars will be sponsored for the following during their postgraduate studies, where applicable:
- Tuition fees and compulsory charges
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-Studies Allowance (e.g. Settling In, Warm Clothing, Computer)
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Sponsorship for approved developmental activities, such as Student Exchange Programmes, Professional seminars and conferences during course of study
For enquiries, please email to [email protected]
The main selection & interview cycle periods are held from Apr - June each year. Please do note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Deadline: 12 May 2018, Sat