In a world that seems indifferent, you can stand out by making a difference. As a healthcare scholar, you will play a vital role in Singapore’s future by ensuring the health and well-being of our nation’s most important asset: our people. Discover the opportunities and potential of a healthcare scholarship and prepare to make your mark where it really matters.
Healthcare Training Grant (2016-2017)
The Healthcare Training Grant (HTG) is a financial grant provided by MOH Holdings to attract Singaporean students studying Health Science undergraduate degree courses in selected overseas universities to return to Singapore and contribute to our public healthcare sector. The HTG is awarded to passionate and dynamic Singaporeans, who have demonstrated good academic achievements, community spirit and a strong interest in the healthcare discipline of choice. You are committed to return and contribute as part of our teams of dedicated healthcare professionals in providing direct care to patients and improving the health of Singaporeans.
The disbursement of the grant will be paid out in the final year or penultimate year of study, depending on the duration of the sponsorship.ELIGIBILITY CRITERIAApplicants must:
- Be a Singapore Citizen
- Have completed at least 1 year of studies in relevant course that will lead to ability to practice in Singapore
- Possess good course results
- Not bonded to any scholarships or sponsorships
- Have a passion to serve in Singapore’s public healthcare
Selection will be based on merit. Shortlisted candidates are required to undergo an interview with representatives from Singapore’s public healthcare clusters and MOH Holdings.COURSES OF STUDY
TERMS OF GRANT
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Speech Therapy
The HTG is in the form of a one-time grant provided as follows:
- Recipients with 2 academic years remaining in university at time of application
- Value of Award: $42,000 + One-off Engagement Incentive of $4,000 (Upon Work Commencement)
- Service Commitment: 3 years in one of the public healthcare clusters.
- Recipients with 1 academic year remaining in university at time of application
- Value of Award: $21,000 + One-off Engagement Incentive of $4,000 (Upon Work Commencement)
- Service Commitment: 2 years in one of the public healthcare clusters
For enquiries, please email to [email protected]
Deadline: All Year RoundPlease do note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Deadline: All Year Round