In a world that seems indifferent, you can stand out by making a difference. As a healthcare scholar, you will play a vital role in Singapore’s future by ensuring the health and well-being of our nation’s most important asset: our people. Discover the opportunities and potential of a healthcare scholarship and prepare to make your mark where it really matters.
Degree Conversion Scholarship (2013-2014)
The Degree Conversion Healthcare Scholarship is offered to outstanding Year 3 Diploma Holders or recent diploma graduates in Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Radiation Therapy and Diagnostic Radiography, who are keen to pursue a degree conversion course in these fields at local or overseas universities.
The Degree Conversion Healthcare Scholarship is awarded in the form of a Healthcare Merit Award (HMA). Outstanding students with strong leadership qualities may be awarded the top-tier Healthcare Merit Scholarship (HMS).
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who will take up citizenship before start of degree course
- Be on track to attain a Diploma with Merit/Distinction, or graduated with a Diploma with Merit/Distinction
- Possess good Co-Curricular Activities record
- Have a passion for public healthcare
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and excellent communication skills
- Not be under any existing sponsorship bond with any of the Public Healthcare Institutions
COURSES OF STUDY
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
Scholars will pursue their undergraduate studies at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or reputable overseas universities.
|Duration of Course
||Type of Studies
|| 2 years
|| 3 years
| 2 years
|| 4 years
|| 6 years
Scholars will be sponsored for the following during their undergraduate studies or degree conversion course, where applicable:
- Tuition fees and compulsory charges
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-Studies Allowance (e.g. Settling In, Warm Clothing, Computer)
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Clinical Placement Allowance (for overseas studies only)
- Sponsorship for approved developmental activities, such as Student Exchange Programmes, Professional seminars and conferences during course of study
Deadline: 31 Mar 2014, Mon