In a world that seems indifferent, you can stand out by making a difference. As a healthcare scholar, you will play a vital role in Singapore’s future by ensuring the health and well-being of our nation’s most important asset: our people. Discover the opportunities and potential of a healthcare scholarship and prepare to make your mark where it really matters.
Mid-Term Healthcare Merit Award
ABOUT THE MID-TERM HEALTHCARE MERIT AWARD
This scholarship is offered to outstanding students currently pursuing a diploma in relevant health science disciplines at a local polytechnic, or pursuing a relevant health science degree at local universities, or MOHH-approved overseas universities.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
We will be looking for outstanding diploma students or undergraduates who are passionate about joining Singapore’s public healthcare sector upon graduation, while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities and community spirit. Applicants must:
COURSES OF STUDY
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who intends to take up Singapore citizenship before the award is confirmed;
- Achieve outstanding academic results, expecting to graduate with at least a Diploma with Merit (for current diploma students) or at least 2nd Upper Honours or equivalent (for current undergraduates)
- Possess good Co-Curricular Activities record
- Have completed at least one semester of study in Health Science disciplines at either local polytechnics, local universities or reputable overseas universities
- Have a passion for public healthcare sector
- Have strong leadership qualities and excellent communication skills
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Medical Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Speech Therapy
The application cycle is will start from 1 Sep 2017 to 31 Mar 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend either a face-to-face or SKYPE selection interview (for overseas applicants) at the earliest possible.
KEEN TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more details, please refer to the FAQ
section. For enquiries, please email[email protected]
Deadline: 31 Mar 2018, Sat