MOE Teaching Award (MOE TA)
- Ministry of Education Teaching Award (MOE TA) recipients can look forward to a fulfilling career in the Education Service. They will be given opportunities for higher responsibilities according to their abilities. The award will be tenable for full time undergraduate studies at local universities.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who takes up Singapore Citizenship before embarking on studies
- Good character, keen passion for teaching
- Good Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- GCE ‘A’ Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
- Art and Music
- Physical Education and Sports Science
- Social Sciences
Reputable local autonomous universities or NTU-NIE
Value & Benefits
- Sponsorship of tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance allowance
- Developmental programmes during undergraduate studies (e.g. school attachment)
- Sponsorship of approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Be enrolled into the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) teacher preparation programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE), as a salaried employee, after completion of first degree
Local: 4 years
MOE Teaching Award Holders who are not pursuing the Bachelor of Arts/Science (Education) course at the National Institute of Education (NIE) will be required to go through the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) course at NIE upon completion of their undergraduate studies. They will serve a 3-year bond after completing their PGDE course, concurrently with their scholarship bond.
Students who are interested in the MOE Teaching Award should submit their application online via the PSC Gateway. Students will need to indicate Teaching Service as one of their top career preferences in the online application.
Deadline: Closed for this cycle