The MHA Merit Scholarship (MMS) offers outstanding individuals exciting and rewarding civilian career opportunities at the Ministry of Home Affairs. Join the Home Team and contribute towards strengthening Singapore’s security and public safety.
You will have varied career options to align your interests and aspirations.
Choose from the 6 career tracks -
- Generalist (Home Affairs Senior Executive)
- Commercial Affairs
- Internal Security
- Science and Technology
|Courses / Disciplines:||
|Universities / Institutions:||
|Value & Benefits:||
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the main difference between the MHA Merit Scholarship (MMS) and the Home Team (HT) Scholarship (Uniformed)?
The main difference is the career track. The HT Scholarship is awarded to candidates who wish to pursue careers as Senior Officers in the Singapore Police Force, Civil Defence Force, the Prisons Service, Central Narcotics Bureau and Immigration and Checkpoint Authority whereas the MHA Civilian Scholarship is awarded to candidates who wishes to pursue a career as a civilian officer under the 5 main career tracks.
- Can I choose to convert my Scholarship scheme from Civilian to Uniformed during studies?
When awarded the scholarship, candidates will know if they are earmarked for the Uniformed or Civilian scheme for them to make a decision. Should they wish to change to a different scheme during the course of their studies, they would have to provide strong justifications and MHA will consider the appeal on a case-by-case basis.
- Is the new MHA Civilian Scholarship available as a Mid-term scholarship?
Yes, undergraduates can apply for the mid-term scholarship.
- When do I get to choose my specialisation track?
You can indicate your preferred track at the point of interview.
- Are there any course(s) of study that are preferred for MHA Civilian Scholarship?
The scholarship is available for all fields of studies. For those who choose the specialist track, they will have to choose the relevant discipline.
- Are the promotional prospects for Overseas and Local scholars different?
There is no difference. Promotions are based on the potential and performance of the officer while in service.
- Will I get to change my specialisation track during my undergraduate studies?
When awarded the scholarship, candidates will know if they are earmarked for a specific track for them to make a decision. If they wish to change to a different track, they would have to provide strong justifications and MHA will consider the appeal on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please visit: