Connecting People to Places, Enhancing Travel Experience
Building the land transport of tomorrow takes more than just steel and concrete. We need people with a genuine passion for land transport who will treasure the opportunity to enhance the travel experience of commuters and road users.
In LTA, you get to define and create the networks that will form the arteries to keep Singapore moving. With over 5,000 employees engaged in a wide variety of projects ranging from mega construction projects such as the Downtown Line and projects on the cutting edge of technology such as the ERP II, to formulation of policies to boost green transportation, LTA offers diverse and exciting opportunities for you to grow into a competent land transport professional.
Create a legacy by leaving your mark on Singapore’s land transport landscape.
LTA Local/Overseas Undergraduate Scholarship (Full-term & Mid-term)
The Local/Overseas Undergraduate Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship in LTA. It is awarded to candidates who have shown strong leadership qualities, possess impeccable integrity and have a strong commitment in developing the public transport environment in Singapore.
- Outstanding GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Level / NUS High / International Baccalaureate (IB) / Diploma Results
- Outstanding University results (for current undergraduates)
- Good track record of co-curricular activities
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident
Fields of Study
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Social Sciences (Economics / Geography / Mass Communications)
- Science (Computer Science / IT Security & Communications / Data Analytics / Materials Science)
Conditions of Award
Full-term Scholarship: You will be required to serve a 4 to 6-year bond with LTA, depending on whether you choose to study locally or abroad.
Mid-term Scholarship: You will be required to serve a 1-year bond with LTA for every year of study sponsored locally, or a 1.5-year bond with LTA for every year of study sponsored abroad.
Scholars will be required to undergo a compulsory attachment of at least 8 weeks with LTA.
As an LTA scholar, you will get to experience different functions through job rotation, participate in high-level corporate committees, play a part in management’s decision-making, and demonstrate your flair as a leader amongst many others. Your career will benefit from our strong network of international experts as well as opportunities for overseas exchanges, attachments and training.
Value of Award
- Tuition and Compulsory Fees
- Maintenance Allowance (includes Book Allowance)
- Hostel Fees (for local students)
- Sponsorship of one approved student exchange programme/summer school