Why study at PolyU?
- Unique world-class programmes that combine studying with real working experience
- Ranked 6th in QS Top 50 under 50 University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 95th in the world by QS World University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 17th in Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2017
- 8 subjects ranked in the Top50 in QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
- Strong focus on innovation and solving real-world problems
- Best Student Accommodation in Hong Kong (iGraduate Survey 2016)
- Vibrant student life and variety of student communities
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), established in 1937, has been dedicated to bringing positive impact to the world's development through its quality education and innovative research. PolyU emphasizes nurturing and unleashing students' creativity and preparing them to be leaders of tomorrow with a serving heart to the community. As the largest publicly funded university in Hong Kong in terms of student population (over 32,000 students), PolyU is a dynamic international learning and research community with international students and academic staff-members from over 40 countries.
We have earned our reputation as a progressive, forward-thinking university. All PolyU programmes are designed to equip students with knowledge and professional skills needed for the globalised world. Students can choose from a diverse and wide range of programmes offered by six faculties and two schools, many of our programmes are internationally recognised for their unique combination of theory and practice, and our programmes are ranked in the world's top 50 subject rankings.
PolyU has a strong global presence and has academic partnerships with more than 530 institutions in about 45 countries and regions, and a strong collaboration with institutions in Chinese Mainland. These partnerships have enabled our students to participate in exchange programmes during the semester or summer time. Global network has provided our students the opportunities to go for an exchange also for undergraduate research.