IMAGINE BIG. LEAD BY DESIGN.
The DesignSingapore Scholarship is for students and industry professionals who intend to pursue full-time design studies.
If you're a student or industry professional passionate about design and want to develop or further your design career through education, the DesignSingapore Scholarship supports you.
The DesignSingapore Scholarship is for individuals with creativity, drive and passion for design. The scholarship will groom designers and non-designers to become design leaders who will use strategy and innovation to make things better by design. Our scholarship holders may come from different fields of design, but they share one common trait – they are game changers and aspire to contribute to Singapore, and the design sector. We are on the lookout for talented individuals (students, industry professionals or even non-designers with a strong desire to pursue a career in design) with creative flair, the drive to push boundaries, and a heart to serve Singapore.
Applications have closed. To submit an application please click here.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have completed National Service (for male applicants)
- Have successfully gained admission to a full-time undergraduate or *postgraduate design-related course in a reputable Singapore or overseas institution
*For applicants who are applying for postgraduate studies, a minimum of three years of professional working experience would be advantageous.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full Tuition Fees
- Annual Living Allowance
- Pre-Studies Allowance
- Developmental Course Allowance
- Travel Allowances
How will the scholarship develop you?
The scholarship will develop you holistically in your design journey. Apart from supporting you in your studies, where you will develop your technical, creative and communications skills, you will be paired with a mentor from the DesignSingapore Associates Network (DAN) for the duration of your studies to help you transcend boundaries in your work.
You will be designated a DesignSingapore Associate once you have been awarded the scholarship. As a DesignSingapore Associate, you will be assigned to contribute to DesignSingapore Council (Dsg) projects and initiatives that will help you to gain new experiences, grow professionally and expand your portfolio.
During your study, you will also need to fulfil a compulsory four-week internship in Singapore. You can secure the internship yourself, or Dsg can facilitate introductions to companies we are in touch with.
What fields of design can I apply for?
The programme should be a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate design-related course (i.e. Bachelors/Masters/PhD) at a reputable local or overseas institution.
Examples of fields of study include:
- Design Research
- Design Strategy
- Fashion Design
- Industrial & Product Design
- Interaction Design
- Interior Design
- Landscape Design
- Service Design
- User Interface (UI) / User Experience (UX) Design
- Visual Communications
Other fields of design study may also be considered.
Please upload the following softcopy documents with your online application:
- Portfolio/project case studies* in PDF format (file size less than 5MB)
- Academic results and awards
- Curriculum Vitae
- Record of Co-Curricular Activities (CCA)
- Letter of admission to institution and course information of proposed course of study
- Letter of recommendation from two referees pertaining to the application of this scholarship (referees cannot be immediate relatives of the applicant)
To avoid missing documents, please name your documents (in pdf, jpeg or doc format), with file names as follows:
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Portfolio/Project case studies
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Academic Records and Transcripts
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Curriculum Vitae
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Record of Co-Curricular Activities (CCA)
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Letter of Admission to Institution
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Information on the proposed course of study
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Letter of Recommendation 1
- [Full name as shown in NRIC_Last four digit of NRIC number] Letter of Recommendation 2