AVA Undergraduate Scholarship
|On 1 April 2019, the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) will be formed under the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources to oversee food safety and security. The SFA will bring together all food-related functions currently carried out by the Agri-Food & Veterinary authority of Singapore (AVA), the National Environment Agency (NEA) and the Health Sciences Authority (HSA).
Applicants interested in scholarships in food-related disciplines offered by AVA may submit applications to AVA during the application cycle. Successful applicants will be awarded the SFA Undergraduate Scholarship.
All non-food plant and animal-related functions of AVA will be transferred to the National Parks Board (NParks) under the Ministry of National Development. Applicants interested in scholarship opportunities in animal and plant related disciplines (E.g. Veterinary Science) may refer to the NParks website and submit applications to NParks during the application cycle.
Discipline of study
- Agricultural/Agricultural Sciences
- Biological Sciences/ Life Sciences
- Food Science/Food Technology
- Other Related Disciplines
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (Singapore Permanent Residents must take up citizenship)
- Strong academic and co-curricular activities records
- Applicants for mid-term scholarship should also have excellent university results
Country of study
- Local universities
- Overseas universities
Value of award
- Tuition fees and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-studies allowance (warm clothing, settling-in and computer)
- Return economy class airfare
- Local: 4 years upon completion of studies
- Overseas: 6 years upon completion of studies
Deadline: 12 Mar 2019, Tue