A*STAR awards scholarships to bright students with a keen interest and passion for science and research to pursue their undergraduate studies at globally renowned universities.
Nurturing young, talented individuals is a key cornerstone for A*STAR because these bright individuals form the future generation of scientists and scientific leaders. We are committed to providing them with opportunities for education at the finest local and overseas universities, gaining first-hand research experience at A*STAR and universities, and learning from the best scientific minds that are dedicated to mentoring young budding scientists.
For Singaporeans/other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship:
National Science Scholarship (BS-PhD)
The National Science Scholarships (BS-PhD) funds undergraduate studies and PhD training in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering at top global universities.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
- Applicants who have achieved excellent academic standing in the GCE 'A' Levels (preferably with 11 AUs), polytechnic diploma (preferably with Merit) or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate or NUS High School diploma)
- Applicants must be Singaporean; those of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore citizenship
- Applicants should have keen interest in science and research
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Value & Benefits
The National Science Scholarship (BS-PhD) supports up to 8 years of undergraduate and PhD studies.
Successful NSS (BS) applicants will be given support for their undergraduate studies, comprising*:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Pre-studies allowance
- Research attachment opportunities at A*STAR Research Institutes
Further support for PhD studies will be awarded upon satisfactory completion of undergraduate studies and meeting NSS (PhD) requirements (e.g. 1-year research attachment at an A*STAR Research Institute).
*Rates/allowances vary according to country and university, and are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time
NSS (BS) awardees are required to fulfill a six-year service commitment comprising:
- A compulsory 1-year research attachment at an A*STAR research institute between the BS and PhD studies
- Five years at an A*STAR research institute upon completion of PhD studies
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Sciences & Engineering
Deadline: 1 Mar 2020, Sunday