A*STAR awards scholarships to bright students with a keen interest and passion for science and research to pursue their undergraduate studies at globally renowned universities.
Nurturing young, talented individuals is a key cornerstone for A*STAR because these bright individuals form the future generation of scientists and scientific leaders. We are committed to providing them with opportunities for education at the finest local and overseas universities, gaining first-hand research experience at A*STAR and universities, and learning from the best scientific minds that are dedicated to mentoring young budding scientists.
For Singaporeans/other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship:
National Science Scholarship (MD-PhD) (2013-2014)
The NSS (MD-PhD) is tenable for PhD training under the MD-PhD programme at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School (GMS). It complements the NSS (MBBS-PhD) in the training of clinician-scientists to undertake world-class translational research in Singapore.
- Candidates must meet requirements of NSS (PhD):
- 1st Class Honours, GPA or CAP of 3.8 and above out of 4 or 4.5 and above out of 5 or equivalent
- Good GRE scores. Candidates are expected to sit for the GRE prior to, or during the course of their application.
- Candidates should have completed the first year of the MD programme at Duke-NUS GMS
- Candidates should have satisfied the criteria for admission into the Duke-NUS GMS MD-PhD or PhD programme
- Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Demonstrated a strong interest in both research and clinical studies
Support for up to 4 years of PhD studies at Duke-NUS GMS. Award includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Computer, book, conference, thesis and miscellaneous allowances
*All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments made by A*STAR from time to time Service Commitment
The NSS (MD-PhD) comes with a 4-year service commitment period.
Deadline: All Year Round