A*STAR awards scholarships to bright students with a keen interest and passion for science and research to pursue their undergraduate studies at globally renowned universities.
Nurturing young, talented individuals is a key cornerstone for A*STAR because these bright individuals form the future generation of scientists and scientific leaders. We are committed to providing them with opportunities for education at the finest local and overseas universities, gaining first-hand research experience at A*STAR and universities, and learning from the best scientific minds that are dedicated to mentoring young budding scientists.
For Singaporeans/other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship:
A*STAR International Fellowship (2013-2014)
The A*STAR International Fellowship provides PhD graduates with two years of fully funded post-doctoral training at top overseas laboratories to expand their research experience and learn new skills to advance their scientific careers. This international exposure will enable PhD graduates to connect with the global research community and build international networks. Upon completion of the post-doctorate training, students can look forward to embarking on an exciting career at A*STAR's Research Institutes.
- Final year PhD students or recent PhD graduates from NUS, NTU or overseas institutions
- Excellent publication records and letters of endorsement from their PhD/relevant supervisors
- Candidates should have gained or be in the process of gaining admission into a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory
- Singaporeans or other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
Successful candidates will be given support for up to 2 years of overseas post doctoral research training. Award includes:
- Monthly sustenance and overseas living allowances
- Settling-in, book, conference and miscellaneous allowances
*All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab, and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time
The AIF comes with a 1-year service commitment period.
Deadline: All Year Round