A*STAR awards scholarships to bright students with a keen interest and passion for science and research to pursue their undergraduate studies at globally renowned universities.
Nurturing young, talented individuals is a key cornerstone for A*STAR because these bright individuals form the future generation of scientists and scientific leaders. We are committed to providing them with opportunities for education at the finest local and overseas universities, gaining first-hand research experience at A*STAR and universities, and learning from the best scientific minds that are dedicated to mentoring young budding scientists.
For Singaporeans/other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship:
National Science Scholarship (PhD) (2013-2014)
The NSS (PhD) offers support for top-notch PhD studies at renowned overseas universities in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering disciplines. Upon return, scholars will make their mark on the R&D landscape in Singapore with multiple career opportunities awaiting them.
- Excellent academic qualifications:
- 1st Class Honours, GPA or CAP of 3.8 and above out of 4 or 4.5 and above out of 5 or equivalent.
- Good GRE scores. Candidates are expected to sit for the GRE prior to, or during the course of their application.
- Gained or is in the process of gaining admission into a relevant PhD programme at a top overseas university/laboratory
- Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Strong interest in a research career
Successful candidates will be given support for up to 5 years of PhD studies. Award includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance and overseas living allowances
- Settling-in, book, computer, conferences and miscellaneous allowances
- Annual return airfare
*All rates/allowances vary according to country and university, and are subjected to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time.
The NSS (PhD) comes with a 4-year service commitment period.
Deadline: All Year Round