PhD and Post-Doc
At A*STAR, you will be part of a vibrant and innovative team, dedicated to drive A*STAR’s mission to advance science and develop innovative technology to further economic growth and improve lives. We firmly believe that people are our greatest asset.
In recognition of the diverse talents, strengths and interests of our PhD scholars, we have created multiple pathways for our scholars, providing them with opportunities to develop and chart their careers in industry, corporate R&D labs, public administration, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and academia after their first two years with us.
Our post-doctoral fellowships provide opportunities for advanced training at renowned institutions and laboratories to help you develop new scientific capabilities and conduct cutting-edge research in your field of specialisation. You’ll not only learn from the best minds but also build invaluable networks with the global research community through this international experience.
The A*STAR Graduate Academy provides scholarships and fellowships to enable young aspiring scientific talent to pursue their passion in science at top global universities and prepare them for a rewarding career in R&D.
For Singaporeans/other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship:
National Science Scholarship (MD-PhD)
The National Science Scholarship (MD-PhD) funds PhD training under the MD-PhD programme at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School (GMS). It complements the NSS(MBBS-PhD) scholarship in grooming clinician-scientists to undertake world-class translational research in Singapore. Scholars are encouraged to pursue a residency programme after the completion of their MD-PhD studies.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
- Applicants must be Singaporean; those of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore citizenship
- Applicants must have outstanding undergraduate results (preferably First Class Honours from UK universities, GPA of 3.8 and above from US universities or a CAP/GPA of 4.50 and above from local universities) in relevant disciplines.
- Applicants must sit for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) prior to, or during the course of their application, and obtain minimum score as follows:
- Combined Verbal & Quantitative – 322
- Analytical Writing – 4.5
- Applicants should have strong interest in both research and clinical career
- Applicants have gained admission into or completed the first year of the MD-PhD programme at Duke-NUS GMS
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies.These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Value & Benefits
Successful applicants will receive support for up to 4 years of PhD studies at Duke-NUS MS comprising:
*All rates/allowances are subject to adjustments made by A*STAR from time to time
- Full Tuition Fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Duke-NUS Medical School (MS)
Deadline: All Year Round