These times have been stressful and terrible for many, but our hearts were warmed by the many volunteers who turned out in droves to contribute money, time and effort to help those in a difficult place.
So this month, we’ve highlighted three scholarships for those with a heart for the community. Read on:
1. PA Scholarship
Scholarship Provider: People’s Association (PA)
Summary: If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can find an area that you are passionate about, be it youth, active ageing, sports, arts and culture, social development or community leadership, the PA scholarship is for you.
As a PA scholar, you will have a rich experience of community organising and leadership through involvement in community projects, regular engagement with grassroots and PA leaders, job placements in various strategic units, and participation in overseas attachments and programmes. You can look forward to a fulfilling and challenging career with many opportunities to develop your potential to the fullest.
· Singapore Citizen
· Excellent academic results: 'A' level, polytechnic diploma, undergraduate results, and/or other equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate)
· Leadership qualities displayed through active participation in Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) and/or community/volunteer service, especially in leadership positions
· Love to work with people
Application period: Opens in December of each year and close two weeks after the release of 'A' level results
Learn more and get alerts here
2. SNCF Co-operative Scholarship
Scholarship Provider: Singapore National Co-operative Federation (SNCF)
Summary: The SNCF Co-op Scholarship attracts, develops and nurtures suitable talents to enter the ranks of the co-operative movement in Singapore. Co-operatives are regulated social enterprises which operate viable businesses to meet the economic, social and cultural needs of its members. The successful scholars will thus have to understand and embrace the principles and mission of co-operatives to contribute to society.
· Singapore citizen or permanent resident
· Excellent academic results (i.e. GCE 'O' Levels, 'A' Levels, International Baccalaureate or Polytechnic Diploma)
· Undergraduate (with at least 2 more years to course completion) with outstanding academic results
· Only for full-time first degree course at any local university
Learn more and get alerts here
3. MSF Local Merit Scholarship
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF)
Summary: MSF provides scholarships to outstanding students who are passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of others. As a scholar, you can look forward to an exciting and fulfilling career in the Ministry upon graduation. You will join us to shape the development of Singapore’s society, explore an exciting range of experiences and develop your own talent to its fullest potential.
· Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents intending to take up citizenship, with
· Excellent results in GCE ‘A’ Levels, Polytechnic Diploma with Merit or equivalent qualification (e.g. International Baccalaureate)
· Good Co-Curricular Activities records
· Strong leadership qualities and potential
· An interest in a career with MSF
Application period: 1 September to 15 March
Learn more here
Heart photo created by freepik - www.freepik.com