As sponsoring organisations tend to highlight their undergraduate options, post-graduate scholarships sometimes fly under the radar. Hence, in this month’s Scholarship Roundup we’ve picked out three great options for those looking to further their studies.
If you’re interested, look them up in the BrightSparks portal!
Graduate Scholarship (AGS)
Scholarship Provider: Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) Summary:
The AGS (Singapore) funds up to 4 years of PhD studies in NTU, NUS, SMU (Information Systems) and SUTD. Students will have the opportunity to undertake research at their chosen A*STAR Research Institute and register candidature at NTU, NUS, SMU (Information Systems) or SUTD.
AGS (Singapore) scholars will have opportunities for an overseas attachment of up to 12 months during their PhD studies, and are eligible to apply for the AGS (Post-doctoral Fellowship) which provides support for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral training.
· Applicants must satisfy criteria for and seek admission into NTU, NUS, SMU (Information Systems) and SUTD PhD programme
· Applicants must have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines
· Applicants must be Singaporean; those of other nationalities must intend to take up Singapore citizenship
· Applicants should have strong interest in a research career
· Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application
*The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The application cycle is aligned to the university admission intakes in August or January each year, as follows.
Last day for submission of online application with complete set of supporting documents
1 August of the preceding year
2. Healthcare Graduate Studies Award (HGSA)
Scholarship Provider: MOH Holdings Pte Ltd (MOHH)
This post-graduate scholarship is awarded to individuals who are keen to join the public healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence and community spirit. You will work with healthcare professionals providing direct care to patients, policy makers or IT systems professionals to improve the Singapore public healthcare system.
· Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who is willing to take up Singapore citizenship
· Possess a good university degree (Second Class (Upper) Honours or equivalent)
· Good track record of work achievements (if applicable)
· Good co-curricular activities record and strong leadership qualities
· Passion for serving in the public healthcare sector
· Good communication skills
*HGSA (Nursing): Possess a good (non-nursing) university degree (Second Class (Upper) Honours or equivalent)
Application Period: Differs based on discipline, spanning November of each year to May the following year
3. SFA Postgraduate Scholarship (Full-Term/Mid-Term)
Scholarship Provider: Singapore Food Agency (SFA)
The SFA Postgraduate Scholarship is an avenue for grooming future leaders who are ready to seize opportunities to turn our food challenges into strategic advantages. We welcome individuals with strong passion in the relevant disciplines of study to apply for our postgraduate scholarship.
Scholars can look forward to a dynamic career with SFA, and be exposed to various portfolios in SFA.
· Singapore Citizens
· Strong academic results for first degree in relevant disciplines
· Currently enrolled/ have applied/ intend to apply for a Master’s/ PhD programme at an established local/overseas university
· Individuals with work experience/ fresh graduates/ early-career individuals/undergraduates in final year of study who are interested to contribute to SFA's mission are welcome to apply for the scholarship
Application period: 1 July 2020 – 13 September 2020
School photo created by freepik