Did you enjoy the BrightSparks Fair? If you did, you may be one of the lucky ones with a clear idea of where you want to apply for a scholarship.
But if you didn’t, or you’d like to check out some other options, we have some for you. These organisations prioritise a well thought-out choice, so they’ve set their application deadlines back to March – meaning you can still make it if you apply now!
1. SG Rail Industry Scholarship (University)
Rail scholars will be exposed to projects in the Land Transport Authority and SBST Transit Pte Ltd or SMRT Corporation Limited through a structured developmental programme. Unleash your fullest potential with any of the following pathways:
All SGRail Industry Scholarships are centrally awarded and managed by the Land Transport Authority, on behalf of Singapore’s rail sector. Rail scholars will be exposed to projects in the Land Transport Authority and SBST Transit Pte Ltd or SMRT Corporation Limited through a structured developmental programme..
· Singaporean and PR intending to take up citizenship before departure for studies
· Outstanding leadership qualities and keen passion for Singapore’s rail sector
· Excellent CCA records
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent GCE ‘A’ level/NUS High Diploma/International Baccalaureate (IB)/Polytechnic Diploma results or equivalent. Outstanding university results (for current students)
· Electrical Engineering
· Mechanical Engineering
· Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering
· Systems Engineering (ElectroMechanical Systems)
Deadline: 14 Mar 2021, Sun
Information Services Scholarship
Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI)
Summary: The Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI) offers scholarships to candidates with a passion for government communications work. Upon graduation, scholars can look forward to a rewarding and challenging career that spans a broad gamut of portfolios and responsibilities, as well as a comprehensive development plan comprising formal professional and leadership training, and secondments and attachments to other ministries and external agencies.
· Be Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents intending to take up citizenship;
· Possess GCE 'A' Levels (minimum 10 academic units), International Bacculaureate (IB), or Mass Communications Polytechnic Diploma holders (with merit) or equivalent;
· ‘A’ Level candidates should offer at least 10 academic units;
· Have good co-curricular activity (CCA) record;
· Possess strong leadership qualities with an interest to pursue a career in the Information Service
Courses/Disciplines: Scholarship is tenable for most disciplines of studies, except Medicine and Dentistry.
Deadline: 15 Mar 2021, Mon
3. SINGAPORE-INDUSTRY SCHOLARSHIP (SgIS) FULL-TERM
Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS)
Summary: The SgIS is an undergraduate scholarship targeting young Singaporean talent who are keen to contribute to leading organisations in Singapore's strategic sectors.
· Singapore citizen
· Good GCE ‘A’ Level results, International Baccalaureate, NUS High School Diploma or Polytechnic Diploma
· Seeking admission or accepted for admission across all disciplines (excluding Healthcare-related disciplines) from the following institutions:
• Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
• National University of Singapore (NUS)
• Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
• Singapore Management University (SMU)
• Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
• Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
· Good co-curricular activities record and leadership achievements
· Passion to contribute to Singapore’s strategic sectors
Courses/Disciplines: SgIS is offered by 73 sponsoring organisations from a wide range of industries. Learn more here.
Deadline: 22 Mar 2021, Mon