The main scholarship cycle is from the release of the A-Levels results to roughly two months on, but there are some evergreen offers worth taking a look at. In this Scholarship Roundup, we put the spotlight on some less well-known (but no less valuable!) offers you may not have seen before. Apply with BrightSparks if you’re interested.
1. Duke-NUS Medical School Scholarship and Bursary
Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
There are various types of merit scholarships available, externally and at Duke-NUS. Merit scholarships are generally awarded based on academic achievement and personal attributes such as meaningful involvement in community service or leadership experiences. Several scholarships are valid for 4 years and may be used for tuition fees, miscellaneous fees, living expenses as well as other fees associated with studying at Duke-NUS.
To be considered for a merit scholarship at Duke-NUS, interested applicants must submit a financial aid application within 28 calendar days after attending the admission interview on Applicant Day. Scholarship recipients are selected by the School’s Scholarship Selection Committee and only successful applicants will be informed of their award.
· Depends on specific scholarship
Deadline: All year round
More information here!
2. JTC Mid-Term Scholarship
JTC employs more than 800 employees and manages more than 5000 companies.
Scholars will be given the opportunity to complete an internship at JTC. Upon graduation, you could be assigned to marketing, planning & development, redevelopment & management, or corporate functions.
At JTC, you can look forward to:
· Be empowered to chart your own career with excellent learning and development opportunities through job rotations across diverse career tracks
· A rewarding career through working with a dynamic team that is committed to making an impact on Singapore’s economy
· Accumulate industry knowledge while you keep pace with the evolving needs and helping companies grow their businesses
· Expand your potential through structured professional development programmes and sponsorship for further studies
Our local mid-term scholarship is open to Singaporeans in universities who possess:
· Excellent academic results
· Outstanding co-curricular activities record
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership qualities and potential
· Passion to contribute to, and shape Singapore’s industrial landscape
Applicable Fields of Study: You will be able to pursue any course of study that has relevance to the different areas of work in JTC (except Law, Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy)
Deadline: All Year Round
3. NHG Study Sponsorship Award for Nursing (Degree)
National Healthcare Group (NHG)
Make A Difference. Join NHG.
National Healthcare Group (NHG) is a leader in public healthcare in Singapore, recognised at home and abroad for the quality of its medical expertise and facilities. Care is provided through an integrated network of primary healthcare polyclinics, acute care and tertiary hospitals, national specialty centres and business divisions. Together, they bring a rich legacy of more than 340 years of medical expertise to our philosophy of patient-centric care.
By designing accessible and seamless healthcare services around patients' needs, NHG ensures that patient care is fully coordinated within the cluster and is also extended to high level collaboration with other healthcare providers at home and abroad.
· Gain admission to the Bachelor of Science (Nursing) at NUS
· Singapore citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
· Science students with good GCE ‘O’ and/or ‘A’ level results
· Possess good co-curricular activities (CCA) records
Deadline: All Year Round