As you know, most scholarship applications closed end of last
month. However, some organisations believe in giving applicants some extra time
to consider their options fully – and we urge you to take advantage of this and
1. DSTA Scholarship
Defence Science and Technology Agency
With the DSTA Scholarship, you will have many opportunities to grow and excel professionally in a collaborative and dynamic environment where innovation thrives.
Push the boundaries of science and cutting-edge technology, and contribute towards strengthening Singapore's defence capabilities. Nurture your talents and maximise your fullest potential with us!
· Holding Singapore Citizenship.
· Excellent GCE 'A' Level results or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate, NUS High School Diploma) or Polytechnic Diploma.
· Outstanding co-curricular activities record.
· Immense interest for science and technology!
Deadline: 19 Apr 2021, Mon
2. DesignSingapore Scholarship
Summary: The DesignSingapore Scholarship is for individuals with creativity, drive and passion for design. The scholarship will groom designers to become design leaders who will use strategy and innovation to make things better by design. Our scholarship holders may come from different fields of design, but they share one common trait – they are game changers and aspire to contribute to Singapore, and the design sector. We are on the lookout for talented individuals with creative flair, the drive to push boundaries; and a heart to serve Singapore.
· Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
· Have completed National Service (for male applicants)
· Have successfully gained admission to a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate design-related course in a reputable Singapore or overseas institution
Courses/Disciplines: The programme should be a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate design-related course (i.e. Bachelors/Masters/PhD) at a reputable local or overseas institution.
Possible fields of study:
· Design Research
· Design Strategy
· Fashion Design
· Industrial & Product Design
· Interior Design
· Landscape Design
· Service Design
· User Interface (UI) / User Experience (UX) Design
· Visual Communications
Other fields of design study may also be considered.
Deadline: 19 April 2021, Mon
3. SAF Merit Scholarship
MINDEF Scholarship Centre (MSC)
Summary: The SAF Merit Scholarship equips you with a world-class education and exposes you to training that will develop your operational know-how and expertise relevant to the organisation. You will be trained to meet the challenges of the new security environment and to lead your people to fulfil the mission.
· Singapore citizens or permanent residents intending to take up citizenship
· Good GCE 'A' Level or International Baccalaureate results, Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit) or equivalent
· Good co-curricular activities (CCA) records
· Strong leadership qualities
· Qualify for and excel in Officer Cadet School
· Possess a strong interest in a military career
· All MINDEF/SAF scholarships are open for application to both genders
Courses/Disciplines: You can choose to pursue your studies in any of the following disciplines:
· Arts / Social Sciences
· Computer Science
· International Relations
· Life Sciences
· Philosophy, Politics and Economics
· Political Science
· Science / Natural Sciences
*Applicants intending to pursue a degree in law should note that they will not be called to the Bar while serving in the SAF.
*If you are pursuing your Master's degree, you must complete your studies in 4 years.
*You can choose your course of study with the exception of professional courses such as architecture, medicine, dentistry, etc.
Female: 1 Apr 2020 to 31 Aug 2020
Male: 13 Jul 2020 to 30 Apr 2021