BrightSparks Virtual Fair 2021 is just a bit more than two weeks away, so register now to secure your place! Remember that webinars and one-on-one consultations must be signed up for beforehand, so click on the link and start submitting!
In line with the Fair, we’ve highlighted three scholarships from sponsoring organisations that definitely deserve your attention. Check out:
1. Education Merit Scholarship (EMS)
Ministry of Education
The Education Merit Scholarship (EMS) is offered to outstanding candidates with a strong passion in Education, for studies at the best universities. EMS scholars will be given opportunities to hold top professional positions in the Education Service depending on their performance.
· Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who is willing to take up Singapore Citizenship
· Good character, strong leadership qualities and keen passion for education
· Strong Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· GCE ‘A’ Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
· Art and Music
· Physical Education and Sports Science
· Social Sciences
Deadline: 15 Mar 2021, Mon
2. DSTA Scholarship
Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA)
With the DSTA Scholarship, you will have many opportunities to grow and excel professionally in a collaborative and dynamic environment where innovation thrives.
Push the boundaries of science and cutting-edge technology, and contribute towards strengthening Singapore's defence capabilities. Nurture your talents and maximise your fullest potential with us!
· Holding Singapore Citizenship.
· Excellent GCE 'A' Level results or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate, NUS High School Diploma) or Polytechnic Diploma.
· Outstanding co-curricular activities record.
· Immense interest for science and technology!
Deadline: 19 Apr 2021, Mon
3. SG:D Scholarship
Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
Summary: Take your first step towards an exciting career in the growing and thriving Infocomm Media (ICM) industry. If you have a passion for ICM and want to take an active role in influencing how technology can help shape our lives, we invite you to explore the multitude of opportunities awaiting you in fields such as digital media, games development, security and networking, and mobile technology.
The Singapore Digital (SG:D) Scholarship, announced by Minister of Communications and Information on 25 September 2018, consolidates the various industry scholarships that are offered by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), supporting ICM-related studies at polytechnic, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
· Singapore Citizen;
· Good Co-Curricular Activity record;
· Possess a strong interest in a career in the ICM industry; and
· Commence undergraduate studies within one year of award (i.e. by Academic Year 2022 for 2021 awardees).
· Full Scholarship - A/IB/IP Level or Polytechnic diploma holder pursuing an ICM-related degree at a local or overseas university.
· Mid-Term Scholarship - existing undergraduate pursuing an ICM-related degree at a local or overseas university with minimally one academic year of study remaining from point of award.
· Online or Distance learning courses are not eligible.
· Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) studies including Computer Science / Business and IT / Computational Biology / Financial Informatics / Information Security / Analytics / Applied Sciences etc.
· Media-related courses in Animation / Broadcast / Film / Games / Interactive Media / Publishing (including Content Creation related courses in English, Mandarin, Malay & Tamil)
Deadline: 31 Mar 2021, Wed