|Asian Women's Welfare Association|
|As a voluntary welfare organisation providing services to underprivileged families, senior citizens and children with disabilities, we hire professionals who offer skills and knowledge to help clients lead dignified and independent lives.
"Be-With-Me" (BWM) scholarship
AWWA offer a scholarship call "Be-With-Me" (BWM) scholarship for tertiary students who are physically challenged. The financial year for the scholarship is April- next March. Once the students are enrolled into our scholarship, if they are able to maintain a GPA of 2 and above OR 'B' grades for all the modules, their scholarship will be auto-renew. Besides the results, we also look into the achievements and integrity/ positive personalities of the scholars.
Students applying for the scholarship must:
• be physically challenged
• be eligible for enrollment into tertiary institutions in Singapore
• have shown potential to contribute to the community
• have at least “B” grade average across all their subjects
• The family’s per capita income must be below $1,000
• To write an article of 1000 - 1500 on why they should get their scholarship, their current aspirations and future plans.
Once their application is in, we will set a date (around June) to conduct interviews. The deadline for the applications to reach me by 23Mar 2012 (Fri).
The successful candidates will get the scholarship which helps them to pay their tuition fees, ezlink fare (or taxi fare for those on motorised wheelchair) and allowances for purchasing stationery and reference books.