|Association of Singapore Marine Industries|
|The Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI) is a non-profit trade association formed in 1968 to promote the interests of the marine industry in Singapore. ASMI represents a wide cross-section of the Singapore ship repair, shipbuilding and rig building industry. The major shiprepair yards, rig builders and shipbuilders in Singapore as well as most of the established local and foreign manufacturers and suppliers of marine components, and major marine engineering companies are among its members. It also represents marine contractors and companies whose activities are directly related to the industry including classification societies and marine consultants.|
ASMI Marine Engineering Scholarship
The ASMI Marine Engineering Scholarship is offered to ‘O’ level school leavers intending to pursue the Marine Engineering diploma course in Singapore Polytechnic.
* Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR)
* Good GCE ‘O’ Level results
* Outstanding extra-curricular activities record
* Applicants must select Diploma in Marine Engineering offered by Singapore Maritime Academy, Singapore Polytechnic, as first choice course of study
2. Scholarship Award
* Tuition fee and all other compulsory fees.
* Allowance of $7,200 annually ($600 per month).
* Allowance of up to $1,500 for purchase of notebook computer.
3. Conditions of Award
* Successful applicants will be required to work for sponsoring company for 3 years.
* All recipients will be required to sign a bond agreement with the sponsoring company and provide two sureties.
* The surety must be a Singaporean or PR and be at least 21 years of age. He/She must not have been declared a bankrupt by any court of law, and is gainfully employed with earnings of $1,500.00 or more per month.
4. Further Scholarship
Recipient can look forward to further scholarship funding by the sponsoring company for a relevant advanced diploma programme at a local polytechnic or a suitable Engineering course at a local or overseas university.
5. Sponsoring Companies
* Keppel Offshore and Marine Pte Ltd
* Sembcorp Marine Ltd
* Singapore Technologies Marine Ltd
For more information and application form, please contact:
Mr Joseph Lee
Course Manager (DMR)
Singapore Maritime Academy
Tel: 6870 7025 Fax: 6772 1958
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: All Year Round