|Association of Singapore Marine Industries|
|The Association of Singapore Marine Industries (ASMI) is a non-profit trade association formed in 1968 to promote the interests of the marine industry in Singapore. ASMI represents a wide cross-section of the Singapore ship repair, shipbuilding and rig building industry. The major shiprepair yards, rig builders and shipbuilders in Singapore as well as most of the established local and foreign manufacturers and suppliers of marine components, and major marine engineering companies are among its members. It also represents marine contractors and companies whose activities are directly related to the industry including classification societies and marine consultants.|
ASMI Marine & Offshore Technology Scholarship
The ASMI Marine & Offshore Technology Scholarship to ‘O’ level school leavers intending to pursue the Marine & Offshore Technology Diploma Course in Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
* Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR)
* Excellent GCE ‘O’ Level results
* Outstanding extra-curricular activities record &
* Applicants must select Diploma in Marine and Offshore Technology offered by Ngee Ann Polytechnic as first choice of study.
2. Scholarship Award
* Tuition fee and all other compulsory fees
* Allowance of $7,200 per annum ($600 per month)
* Allowance of up to $1,500 for purchase of notebook computer
3. Conditions of Award
* Successful applicants will be required to work for sponsoring company for 3 years.
* All recipients will be required to sign a bond agreement with sponsoring company and provide two sureties.
* The surety must be a Singaporean or PR and be at least 21 years of age. He/She must not have been declared a bankrupt by any court of law, and is gainfully employed with earnings of $1,500.00 or more per month.
4. Further Scholarship
Recipients can look forward to further scholarship funding for a relevant advanced diploma programme at a local polytechnic or a suitable engineering degree course at a local or overseas university.
5. Sponsoring Companies
* Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd
* Sembcorp Marine Ltd
* Singapore Technologies Marine Ltd
For more information and application, please contact:
Mr Subrata Chanda
Course Manager (Marine & Offshore Technology)
Mechanical Engineering Division
School of Engineering
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Tel: 6460 6809 Fax: 6467 7384
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: All Year Round