The Social Service Scholarship is offered to outstanding individuals who are passionate to work with people and has the leadership qualities to drive social change.
As a Social Service Scholar, you’ll be given opportunities to participate in training and developmental programmes and engage regularly with sector leaders. Such initiatives will enable you to hone your professional and leadership skills, leaving you fully equipped to make a great impact as a leader in the social service sector.
Supported Fields of Study
You can pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies from local universities or overseas universities recognised by professional accreditation bodies in the following areas:
- Social Work
- Psychology (only applicable for postgraduate studies)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
For students looking to pursue undergraduate studies in Psychology, with career aspirations as clinical practioners in community based settings, you can apply for the Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS)
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a mid-term
scholarship, you must:
- be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- have already completed at least one (01) academic semester of studies
- have at least one (01) academic year remaining at the point of application
- possess excellent university results to date
- demonstrate leadership qualities, community involvement and a strong interest in charting a career in the social service sector
Applications for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies are open all year round and will be assessed in two windows.
- Applications received by 31 March will be assessed in Apr/ May.
- Applications received by 30 Sep will be assessed in Oct/ Nov.
For more information, please visit www.ncss.gov.sg/scholarships
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited for interviews.