The Mid-Term Healthcare Scholarship is offered to outstanding students currently pursuing a diploma in relevant health science disciplines at local polytechnics, or pursuing a relevant Health Science degree at local or overseas universities.
The Mid-Term Healthcare Scholarship is awarded in the form of either a Healthcare Merit Scholarship (HMS) or Healthcare Merit Award (HMA).
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who intends to take up Singapore citizenship before the award is confirmed;
- Achieve outstanding academic results, expecting to graduate with at least a Diploma with Merit (for current diploma students) or at least 2nd Upper Honours or equivalent (for current undergraduates)
- Possess good Co-Curricular Activities record
- Have completed at least one semester of study in Health Science disciplines at either local polytechnics, local universities or reputable overseas universities
- Have a passion for public healthcare sector
- Have strong leadership qualities and excellent communication skills
COURSES OF STUDY
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Medical Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Speech Therapy
The bond is 4 years for local studies and 6 years for overseas studies.
The Mid-Term Healthcare Scholarship is a full scholarship which includes tuition fees and maintenance allowance from the point of award onwards. In addition, scholars will receive a backpayment of tuition fees (excluding maintenance allowance) from Year 1 of study.
Mid-Term Healthcare Scholarship Application cycle will start from 1st September. Application is all year-round.