The Healthcare Merit Scholarship (formerly known as the Health Science Scholarship) is the top-tier healthcare scholarship, offered under the Ministry of Health. Highly competitive and sought-after, the HMS is awarded to outstanding individuals who are passionate about Singapore’s public healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities and community spirit.
Whichever health science discipline you choose, you will find a rewarding and exciting career that illuminates your life and those you care for. HMS scholars will be given opportunities to be developed for key leadership appointments within the public healthcare sector.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who will take up citizenship before embarking on studies
- Achieve outstanding GCE 'A' level results (with at least 10 academic units offered), polytechnic diploma with merit or equivalent qualifications, e.g. International Baccalaureate (IB) or High School diploma
- Possess a good Co-Curricular Activities record
- Have a passion for public healthcare sector
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and excellent communication skills
COURSES OF STUDY
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Medical Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Speech Therapy
COUNTRY OF STUDY
HMS scholars will pursue their undergraduate studies in local and reputable overseas universities. The countries of study include Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland and United States (for selected courses only).
The bond is 4 years for local studies and 6 years for overseas studies.
Scholars will be sponsored for the following during their undergraduate studies or degree conversion course, where applicable:
- Tuition fees and compulsory charges
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-Studies Allowance (e.g. Settling In, Warm Clothing, Computer)
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Clinical Placement Allowance (for overseas studies only)
- Sponsorship for approved developmental activities, such as Student Exchange Programmes, Professional seminars and conferences during course of study
Applications will close 10 days after the release of the ‘A’ level results.
For more information, please visit
For enquiries, please email to [email protected]