The Healthcare Graduate Studies Award (HGSA) is offered by the Ministry of Health to final year undergraduates or recent university graduates who are keen to pursue a Master’s degree in selected health science disciplines.
HGSA is awarded to people-centric and dynamic individuals who are passionate to join the public healthcare sector while demonstrating academic excellence, strong leadership qualities and community spirit. You will partner a team of dedicated healthcare professionals in providing direct care to patients and contribute to improving the health of Singaporeans through your line of work.
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who will take up citizenship before embarking on studies;
- Possess a good university degree (2nd upper honours or equivalent); and
- Have a strong interest in a career in the public healthcare sector
COURSES OF STUDY
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Economics
- Medical Informatics
- Public Health
- Speech Therapy
HGSA recipients will be bonded between 2 years and 5 years, depending on the duration and type of studies:
Scholars will be sponsored for the following during their postgraduate studies, where applicable:
- Tuition fees and compulsory charges
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-Studies Allowance (e.g. Settling In, Warm Clothing, Computer)
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Sponsorship for approved developmental activities, such as Student Exchange Programmes, Professional seminars and conferences during course of study
The HGSA application cycle opens from April to May each year.
For more information, please visit
For enquiries, please email to [email protected]