CAAS Undergraduate Scholarship
The CAAS Scholarship is an unrivalled opportunity for you to gain a higher education, the first step in your journey to build and shape the future of civil aviation and to make CAAS a leading force in international aviation.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who can rise to the challenge. High flyers who exude passion and enterprise, intellectual prowess, a relentless drive to perform beyond expectations, and a strong capability to lead.
Groomed to lead
As a CAAS scholar, you will be part of a select team of people who will be groomed to lead in management positions. We are committed to maximising your talent and potential in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that challenges you to achieve your best.
Gaining international exposure
As part of your career development, you can also look forward to gaining valuable international exposure and expertise in the exciting civil aviation industry as you embark on varied and rewarding careers that contribute to the success of our country.
Tenure of Award
Tenable for studies at renowned overseas universities and local universities (NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, UniSIM and SIT) for the minimum period required for a good Honours Degree.
Courses / Discipline
All disciplines of study except Medicine and Dentistry. Scholars may pursue a law degree but will not be employed as practising lawyers during their service with CAAS.
• Excellent GCE ‘A’ Level results or equivalent, including International Baccalaureate, NUS High Diploma and Polytechnic (Diploma with Merit); university results.
• Outstanding CCA records and proven leadership and high achiever qualities.
• Current undergraduates with excellent results, on track to graduate with at least Second-Upper Class Honours or equivalent will also be considered for our scholarship award through the participation in our Undergraduate Internship Programme.
Value of Award
• Tuition and compulsory fees
• Monthly maintenance allowance
• Return airfare (for overseas scholars)
• Allowances for pre-studies, computer and warm clothing (for overseas scholars)
• Full postgraduate sponsorship upon approval by management
• Compulsory internships are provided to allow scholars to gain insights into the civil aviation industry
• Opportunities for sponsorship of overseas exchange and summer studies programme
Local undergraduate scholarship: 4 years
Overseas undergraduate scholarship: 6 years or 5.5 years (completed NS)
Bond period will be pro-rated for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year university undergraduates applicants.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2017, Fri
*The Beacon Scholarship is an umbrella talent development programme among agencies within the Ministry of Transport, comprising the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS), Land Transport Authority (LTA) and Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA).
With the Beacon Scholarship, scholars can look forward to the prospect of exciting and meaningful careers in the Ministry and its agencies with possible inter-agency postings matched by an organisational commitment to develop talent.